Purnima Padmanabhan, CEO
Purnima Padmanabhan is a nationally acclaimed thought leader in the fields of network security and compliance, mobile strategy, desktop management, and virtualization. Before Cavirin, Purnima was COO for MokaFive, where she was responsible for overall strategy, its go-to-market plans, product management, and product marketing. She has led product teams at BMC, Marimba, and LoudCloud, and was an analyst at McKinsey & Company. Purnima holds an MBA from Stanford University, and an MS in Computer Engineering from USC. Little known facts about Purnima include that she holds a degree in music and is a champion slow cyclist.
VP of Product
Burt Toma, VP of Product
Burt Toma is responsible for overall product strategy at Cavirin. Prior to Cavirin, he served as VP of Products and Engineering at MokaFive, a desktop-virtualization software company. Burt has led product teams at enterprise technology companies such as BMC Software, Opsware, and Loudcloud, to name a few. After receiving his BS and MS degrees from MIT, Burt also earned his MBA from UC Berkeley. Burt was born and raised in Hawaii and always looks forward to return visits. His secret ambition is to make the world’s best gluten-free fried chicken.
VP of Sales
James Thornton, VP of Sales
James Thornton manages all sales and marketing at Cavirin. Prior to joining Cavirin, he served in various executive roles at General Dynamics, where he was charged with conceptualizing, building and leading a national high-performance commercial enterprise team focused on innovative secure cloud, data management, and mobility technologies. James holds an MBA with distinction from Regis University and a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) accreditation from (ISC). His secret desire is have a private dinner with the surviving members of Led Zeppelin.
VP of Engineering
Praveen Dulam, VP of Engineering
Praveen Dulam comes to Cavirin with more than 15 years of experience in building networking, cloud, and security-based products. He has led engineering teams at Klouddata, Cisco, Lucent (Bell Labs), and Wipro and has worked with some successful early-stage startups, including IOSPAN and Aquent. Praveen holds an Advanced Computer Security Certification from Stanford University, an MS in computer engineering from Osmania University, and a BS from the College of Engineering at Warangal. His secret ambition is to be the first passenger on a commercial space flight.
Have you ever dominated a competitive hackfest? Do you get perverse pleasure out of discovering security holes in websites, gaming systems, and software? Do your friends call you when they forget their ATM PINs? If so, you might be “the one.” We’re looking for a “dark ops” security warrior to become our resource in a number of areas, such as systems security, applications security, cryptography, and/or network security. In this role, you will be analyzing software designs and implementation from a security perspective and discovering any subtle security issues that appear under unexpected threat scenarios.
- Act as a security engineering expert and technical champion
- Understand and communicate security issues and their risks to engineers and management
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to build the most robust, innovative software on the market
- The desire and ability to work in emerging technologies such as virtualization, cloud and/or software-defined networking
- Experience with or interest in as threat modeling, security code review, penetration testing, vulnerability analysis and tools development
- Strong understanding of security issues in at least one of the following areas: web applications, system software, or networking
- Current skills developing software in both Java and C/C++
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (Master’s is desirable)